A perfect wedding dress cannot be completed without the perfect pair of wedding shoes. Here are some top tips for choosing the right wedding shoes so you can rock the dance floor all night long.
- First, make sure to match your bridal shoes with your gown. As there are different shades of white, when you shop for your shoes, make sure to take along a sample of your gown’s fabric.
- Second, if your dress is sophisticated in design, go for simple shoes. In contrast, plain dresses require a wilder pair of shoes.
- Third, comfort is an essential ingredient in your final decision. Weddings involve a lot of standing, walking and dancing for long periods of time and you certainly do not want your feet to get swollen.
- Fourth, make sure the heels are manageable in height, usually less than 4 inches. Such heels will give you a boost in height and nicer looking legs without causing any discomfort. Depending on how tall your groom is, you may go for slightly higher heels or flat heels.
- Fifth, buy your shoes far in advance to be sure you break them in and they fit perfectly on your wedding day.
- Last but not least, feel free to break from the tradition of wearing white or ivory shoes. After all, it is your special day and you should feel happy about what you wear! To remain in harmony with the rest of the wedding, you can match the color of your shoes to the bridesmaids’ dresses or to the wedding theme.